January 31, 2010

Belated New Year's Resolutions

In posting that last thing about my 365 project, I realized that it's almost February and my New Year's Resolutions exist only in my head. This is quite strange, because I usually write everything down either on post-its, in a planner, journal, or in one of my various notebooks that comes with me everywhere. My horrible short term memory and unbelievable lack of organization of thoughts requires this. So, before I forget them completely, I might as well list them here on the internets, where I can't forget or accidentally recycle them. It's a long list, but I'm confident that I can do, or start, most of them. Not in order of importance...

1. Run/workout often (cliche resolution, so it had to be first)
2. Meditate daily
3. Start doing yoga
4. Finish my portfolio website (almost done with this one!)
5. Build up the fashion photography/portraiture parts of my portfolio
6. Blog regularly
7. Be more involved in social media/increase online presence (twitter, flickr, blog, deviantart, etc)
8. Keep playing guitar (just started learning before the new year)
9. Get into the world of animation and film (keep making my stop-motion videos)
9.5 Become more comfortable in Flash and Adobe Premiere Pro
10. Lessen my carbon footprint, and encourage others to be more environmentally friendly
11. Travel somewhere over 6 hours away from Bloomington, IN
12. Read more nonfiction, especially topics regarding religion, art, philosophy, and the environment
13. Give myself personal design projects, mock clients, and deadlines to strengthen my portfolio and design process


There's the basic list. I'm sure I'll end up adding a few as I remember them, but even if not, it looks like I have a productive year ahead of me....I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Not in any particular order:

    1.) Take the initiative to fix my knee and my back so I can up my running mileage again
    2.) Get serious about making music again and relearn to use it as a release for frustration
    3.) Make a decision as to what I want to do with my degree
    4.) Go back to India
    5.) Relearn Rachmaninoff's Sonata in C Sharp Minor
    6.) Learn to love Cincinnati since I may end up there

    ReplyDelete